Friday, December 14, 2012

Knoshbox Bourbon Box November 2012 Review


One day while browsing around online i came upon a site called Knoshbox. I was pretty much drawn in at the word Bourbon. I didn't hesitate to try this box and eagerly awaited its arrival. If you are wondering what a Knoshbox is, it is a box filled with artisan food from all over the country. Each box with its own theme. I think it is great to support small business and nice to try products from all over our country from hard working individuals. This box is a bit pricier then other boxes, but at $29.99 you get something that you wont be able to go to your local grocery store and buy.


I loved the way this box was packaged. It looked perfect for the fall holidays. These items are not sample sized, and each one looks like it really has a personal touch. The intro card is also helpful.


240 Sweet Bourbon Sugar  Bourbon Marshmallows-
If you have never tasted a fresh bourbon sugar bourbon marshmallow, then you have not lived! These marshmallows are soft, gooey, and taste like sweet vanilla and warmth (oak). Hailing from Columbus, Indiana, these are great on their own or paired with some chocolate.

Cacao Bakery Bourbon Pecan Brownie-
I love brownies, so maybe i am a little bias, but this brownie was just heavenly. It just about melted in my mouth. Topped with crunchy pecans (which i normally do not like) it was a great combination of soft and crunch. A little bittersweet but you could still taste just a light hint of the bourbon. These came from Illinois, i think i have a new found reason to travel!

Southern Culture Bourbon Salted Pecan Pancake mix -
I do not like pancakes. I made these anyway because i felt if anything would convince me to like them it would probably be something with an alcoholic beverage in its title. While i wasn't converted over to the pancake side i did find these delicious. I enjoyed how light and fluffy they were and also the crunch of a pecan every few bites. These are from Decatur, Georgia.


Fat Toad Farm Farmstead Goats Milk Salted Bourbon Caramel-
At first i had no idea what to do with this. From dipping my finger in it i was able to tell it was deliciously sweet and amazing, until the after taste of goats milk came on and i was quickly reminded of feta. So i thought to myself what could curb this after taste? I cut up a nice green apple and began to dip it in, and there it was! A perfect combination. I ate all the apples in my house that night with this! It may taste a little funny at first but it really is such a unique treat. This comes from Brookfield Vermont.


This is my first box but i am just about blown away by the qaulity, size, and flavors of these products. While the price may seem steep you are getting products you wouldn't normally get the chance to try unless you took a trip across country. I live in NYC and sometimes having the country come to me is just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment