Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chicken Tikka Masala

When I comes to my kitchen there is no shortage of spices and I make good use of them. Tonight I decided to make Chicken Tikka Masala. This is a dish that is both spicy and sweet and is one of my favourite. I adore indian food and while this is not authentic it is none the less delicious. I serve it with rice and naan bread, sometimes a salad as well, but this is great as kabobs, or even by itself for a quick lunch.

Chicken Tikka Masala
1 cup GREEK YOGART
1 tablespoon LEMON JUICE (I use the bottled kind)
1 tablespoon DARK BROWN SUGAR
4 teaspoons CUMIN
1 teaspoon CINNAMON
2 teaspoons CHILLI PEPPER
2 teaspoons BLACK PEPPER
2 teaspoons GROUND GINGER
2 teaspoons CORRIANDER
2 CHICKEN CUTLETS
1 tablespoon BUTTER
3 CLOVES OF GARLIC
2 teaspoons PAPRIKA
8 oz can of TOMATO SAUCE
1 cup HEAVY CREAM
1 teaspoon SALT
2 cups WATER
1 cup RICE
1 tablespoon WATER
1 large FRYING PAN
1 medium POT

First things first take your yogurt, lemon juice cumin, cinnamon, chilli and black pepper, and ginger combine it in a bowl and place it into the refrigitrator.

While the mix is setting cut up your chicken into chunks and season with 2 teaspoons of cumin and your paprika. Cut up your garlic into small fine peices and place the seasoned chicken and garlic with butter into your frying pan. Cook chicken until halfway done. Cooking on medium flame. Start your rice - 1 cup rice, 2 cups water and your table spoon of oil, cook to package directions. I let boil then place a plate over the pot and let it sit with the flame off untill I am done cooking.

Once your chicken is half way done you add your can of tomato sauce, brown sugar, corriander and cream cook this on a low heat for abou 10 to 15 mins, then add your spiced yogart and salt. Let this cook for 10 more mins.

Serve with rice and naan bread
I was going to include my recipie for naan bread but I decided not to make it tonight so I will include it on a later date. =]

Tomorrow I have a highschool reunion to go to so my next entry will be one of cooking advice. =]


No comments:

Post a Comment